Monday, June 10, 2013

June 10, 2013: Week 86

Hey everyone! I'm not going to ask how your doing because I already know. Cuz I pray for you all every day. But just so you know, I'm fine. To clear a few things up. I'm not training, I'm with an Elder who just reciently finished being trained. He has a little more than 3 months in the mission. Elder Edgar Ramos is from Lima, Peru. He has 1 sister and 3 brothers. They are all members, but were baptized recently just a little over a year ago. His last brother got baptized, just a couple weeks before he left on the mission. His parents are seperated and he said that his dad is really stubborn and doesn't want anything to do with the Gospel, but we and they keep praying that some day he'll accept. And yes I'm his second comp.
 
We have a triple frontera (border) here in Bella Union, and it's great. The city in Argentina is about 1 hour away and the one in Brazil like 15 mins. We can go and went today, I'll send pics too. ;) The city is small, but a lot bigger than Tranqueras. It's a ward here and it was weird being in a church building after so long in the little house we had in Tranqueras. There are 4 missionaries here in Bella Union and I'm district leader over just us here in Bella Union.
 
Pte Heaton is going to come to all the zones and have like mini-zone conferences the last 2 weeks before he leaves. He always tells us in his emails to us that we be exactly obedient to Pte Smith and that we don't put that excuse of, "well, pte. Heaton didn't do it like that." It'll be great to see Pte Heaton one last time, he really is a great man and loves the work.
 
The new area is great and there is a lot of work to do so I-m super excited. (the exclamation point doesn't work so just imagine my excitement...) We have one with fecha for the 22 of this month and a few possibles for the beginning of the month of July. Karen is the one with fecha and the others are all brothers and sisters named Soledad, Gabriela and Agustin. I've only been able to visit them a couple times so I don't know a lot, but from what Elder Ramos told me they're all really great and are all ready to get baptized. I'm happy and excited, but at the same time from all I've learned I know to keep them going and to not get too relaxed with them because the adversary works hard.
 
It's great to hear that your all doing well and that everyones keeping busy. Haha, funny that you bringing up me getting pulled over to helped me recognize where it's (the new Ridley's grocery store in Eagle Mountain) located, lol. darn exclamation point...
 
I love you all and hope that you have a good week. I know that this gospel is true and that it blesses our lives if we follow it. I hope to be able to live with my family for forever and that's really my biggest motive to keep going everyday, even with all the dificulty there is. I love you all more than anything in the world.
 
Love,
Elder Jordan Duke

 With Elder Lamb and Others

 Saying "Adios" to Elder Lamb

 With Elder Ramos in Bella Union

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment