Monday, January 14, 2013

January 14, 2013: Week 65

Hey Family!

I'm doing good. This morning the office elders scared us telling us we had to call urgently. It was just for the cell phone because were getting a new one in a week.... I thought something had happened to you guys or something else bad. ¡Que asusto! Well I'm glad to hear that you guys are doing good. The normal, running around everywhere hecticly....that is my family, lol! So the bathroom, Lauren in YW, Sarah as section leader, Mom in school, Internet, Emily back in school, Josh in the Honor band.... sounds like a very busy week. I hope you all passed it well.

This week for me has been good. We had a great week with some ups and downs but overall good. The bad news is that we didn't have any contact with Carlos Nuñez at all this week and he didn't go to church either... But we have an activity of futbol on saturday and we're hoping to find him again there. We invited him and he said he's coming. Victor couldn't come to church either because he was working out in campaña con leña (field with firewood), but he's still animated (that would be "excited" in English, Elder Duke) and really wants to get baptized. We just had to move the fecha back to the the first week in February. The good news is the Carlos Machado and his daughter Alexandra went to church and are both still super excited for their baptism the 26th of this month. I'm super excited for them as well. Their such a great family and will be great members to help lift this branch up. Elder Petersen always told me to not count my eggs before they're hatched, but I'm just soooo sure that they are getting baptized that I already count them as converts. We also have been helpinga family Paroli who are menos activos and they have come to church the last 2 weeks. We helped them set some goals for this year and they put to go to church every Sunday and also to go to the temple to be sealed. I hope they can complete with their goals. it would make me really happy, but would make them even more happy, and more united as a family.

I'm sorry to hear the Seahawks lost.... whata bummer... We'll there's always next year. Sounds like it was a crazy game though, always better when they are close like that.

I still didn't get my package, but I got a paper that said it was in Deo in correo uruguayo... so I should get in tomorrow, hopefully.

Great job Josh! And Sarah as Section Leader that's soo awesome! Work hard and you'll do great, and Josh keep being a stud bro!

Bueno, Elder Tyree left bacause he already had 6 months here, and ELder Lopez they sent to the offices. That's why they both left. THe city of tranqueras is really small. Like one main road and a bumch of roads that branch off. I think around 5 thousand people live here. Almost all of them work out in the forrestation with wood and stuff. Also me and Elder Rodriguez are the only missionaries here and we are 1 hour away from other missionaries. We're in the Zone of Rivera and Our Ditrict leader is Elder Goekeritz from Alpine, utah and our Zone Leaders are Elder Valero from mexico and Elder Ramirez from Chile. They're all really great Elders.

Question did you send my glasses with the packages, because i never got those either...

Don't forget to send pics and I'll remember to get some taken to send to you next week. I love you guys and hope you have good week. I know that this gospel is true and that We can be an eternal family in the celestial kingdom. I love you guys!

Love, Elder Jordan Duke

No comments:

Post a Comment