Monday, September 23, 2013

September 23, 2013: Week 101

How is everyone? I'm pretty sure I start my emails with the same thing every time, I just never know how to start..anyway, this week was good. We saw an increase in attendance in church which was great. I can see that this focus on the Menos activos and recent converts is doing good and showing results. I really enjoy working with them and helping them find that light that they have had once but lost. It's great to see the light come back on in their eyes and see how happy they are.

Yesterday something crazy happened. We were at the house of a family with some jovenes outside and they were playing marbles. Some kids were there also and one of the kids threw a marble at Fabian, one of the jovenes and he ran up to the kid, playing and pick him up. The kid got scared and ran to his house. The dad or uncle of someone like that came out and started yelling at Fabian and then he came up and started hitting him. At first we just sat there wondering what to do. After a few seconds I decided to stand up and try to calm the guy down and break them apart. We successfully got them apart and Fabian took off. It was super uncomfortable since we were there  trying to talk to them and the guy came out of no where and started beating Fabian up.

Another great thing we did was service at a  little school place for the handicapped. We painted the entire place and it looked great after. I always love serving others, it just makes you feel all warm inside. One of the Jovenes, Emanuel gave his testimony in church about it and he shared the scripture in Mosiah 2:17. Elder Watts also gave a talk and he did a great job! He has improved so much in spanish and everyone always congratulates him on it. I'm kinda sad that our time together is almost up. I've had a great time with him. Definitely one of my best comps.

I laughed when I heard that the props fell on the kids, It just seemed funny the way I imagined it! Everyone is ok though, right? Hope they do great at the next competition and win a bunch of trophies! 

Happy to hear that Sarah and Kaili and the rest had a great time, I love the dances and always had a blast! I can't believe how fast everyone is growing up! 

Next year BYU will win, because I'll be home to give good luck ;) lol! but seriously they'd better win! 

The stake young single adults supervisory couple.......no idea what that is, but it sounds like you'll be doing something similar as us, with working on making sure people go to church. Don't worry I won't be a problem of that when I get home.

I love you all and I want you to know that I love this Church and the happiness that this gospel brings. I know that the Savior lives and that He loves all of us. We can be happy and successful in life if we just obey the commandments of God and do all that is asked of us. I hope that you all have a great week and I'll talk to you next week!

Love,
Elder Jordan Duke

No comments:

Post a Comment