Monday, September 2, 2013

September 2, 2013: Week 98

Every doing good? I'm great! This week was good and it ended even better. Agustin was able to accompany us to church again for the 3rd or 4th time and Ana and Sofia and well. Also the attendance in church was the highest I've seen since I got here, with almost 60 people! The spirit was also really strong and I was able to get up and bear my last Fast Sunday testimony and it was great to feel the spirit working through me to touch the people in the congregation. It was funny a little after though, because some people got confused when I said that it was my last fast sunday and they were asking what day this week I was going home. I told them don't worry, that I have a month still to go!
 
Best announcement, on the 7th Elder Watts along with 3 more people will be dressed in white to enter in the waters of baptism. Ana and Sofia are going to be baptized and Elder Watts and the Father of Ana will be baptizing them. I'm super excited for them and I know that this step they're taking is a life changing one. I'm really happy that we are able to help more people come unto Christ and partake of these sacred ordinances.
 
The rest of the investigators are doing really well. Hugo is starting to warm up a little more which is great, because Rosa really has that stong desire to be baptized. Just that fact that she isn't married is holding her back.
 
I'm happy to hear that the house is yours. I wanna take this time to say I'm sorry for  all the times that I didn't want to listen and thought that I knew more than you did. I realize now that I was just being a stubborn teenager and most of the time you were just trying to help me succeed because you love me. Thank you for everything that you have done and for being the best parents in the world!
 
I love my family! I couldn't ask for a better support system. I've learned that the most valuable thing that we can strive for is an eternal family and exaltation with God. We were talking with a menos activo a couple nights ago and as we were talking everything got quiet and there was a little pause. After a few seconds the Hermano (brother) looked at us and a little choked up said, "It's not easy." I felt the spirit so strong and told him simply, "You're right it's not easy, but with God it's possible." I know that that's true and that it may seem impossible for man to accomplish what's asked of us, but with God we can do anything. I have seen people change their lives completely and it came only when they decided to take that step closer to their Savior in their lives and to keep the commandments.
 
I love this work and I love this Gospel. I hope that you all have a great week and that you can see the blessing of the Lord in your lives!
Love,
Elder Jordan Duke

No comments:

Post a Comment