Monday, May 14, 2012

May 14, 2012: Week 30

¡Hola Familia! ¿Còmo Estàn? Ya estamos en la tercera semana de mi cuarto cambio. El tiempo esta pasando tan rapido.

(Hi Family!  How are you? Well, we're in the third week of my fourth change.  The time is going by so fast.)

Ok that's enough spanish for now, but it was SUPER AWESOME to talk to you guys!!! It's great to know that your doing good. I was going to ask you guys this but I forgot; What's the time difference from here to there?

I pulled out only a part of the money, I'm just going to keep the rest in there for later or emergencias. Thanks for the reminder! I'll write a really long letter, It'll say "PICS."
There aren't any DHL or UPS FedEx here, so you'll just have to wait for the snail mail....lo siento.

Me and Elder Salgado are doing better. There are still days where I want to strangle him, but for the most part it's mejor (better) . We aren't over at a bunch of memberes houses on the internet anymore. I think it's because Presidente said something to him in his weekly e-mail. For now all good.

Something funny, I've thought the same thing before, "Why do some of these "trucho" (lazy) goof-off elders have success and get baptisms, but I'm not and I'm trying to be obedient?" I definitely love the people, they are always really sincere and have big hearts. They can still be lazy, but I can't change that. I'm definitely working on accepting their culture more and loving them more. And Dad, I don't consider it lecturing when you talk to me. I love hearing your advice. It helps me a lot to hear from someone who has experience. Thanks Dad.

Ya, I'd love my ring, and I'll think about the other one ;) lol!

Hey, something random I was going to bring up in the call but I forgot, my arm hairs are darker now and now I could probably grow a nice goatee...I have to shave all the time now.  Random, I know. ;)

Tell Emily that I don't want to see a wedding invitation in the mail. She has to wait until I get home so we can go on some double dates or something. I think that I would care a little more about Her kissing some guy on the Aggie A, if she hadn't already kissed a bunch of boys..... What's the count at? like 15? lol Just kidding I know it's not that high......or is it.........hopefully not. ;)

I don't have much more to say because we talked yesterday.

I want to leave you guys with one of my favorite scriptures: D&C 6:33-37

"Fear not to do good, my sons, for whatsoever ye sow, that shall ye also reap; therefore, if ye sow good ye shall also reap good for your reward.
Therefore, fear not, little flock; do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail.
Behold, I do not condemn you; go your ways and sin no more; perform with soberness the work which I have commanded you.
Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not.
Behold the wounds which pierced my side, and also the prints of the nails in my hands and feet; be faithful, keep my commandments, and ye shall inherit the kingdom of heaven."

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elder Jordan Duke

No comments:

Post a Comment