Monday, May 21, 2012

May 21, 2012: Week 31


 
  In the apartment in Tacuarembó.

Hola,
This week has been good. it went by fast. We got some stuff repaired in the house because we're most likely moving houses soon, and we need to have the house in good condition before we leave. Let's just say it wasn't very "good" when I got here.

We starting to get a little more together with the ward, but we had a big fall when my comp called one of the members a Pharisee. I told him that was not a smart thing to say, and the Branch President talked to him and asked him to apologize. So now were trying to climb back up. The longer I've been here, the more I've noticed, that this branch isn't ready for new converts. There is way too much contention between the members and half the branch stopped coming to church because of who the branch president is. We've had meetings with the Branch Presidency and have talked about how right now if we brought new people in, they would come in one door and leave out the other. So right now the big thing we are working on is reactivation of part member families and getting those that aren't members baptized.

I still wonder sometimes why I was sent out here to Carmelo, but I know that Pres. Heaton didn't just pull our names out of a hat, and I have faith that he was inspired to send me here. SO, I'm just going to work hard and do everything I can to help lift this branch back up, because right now it's on the verge of collapsing.

So thats how the branch is going. Investigadores; Lucas has lost most of his interest, we don't know why but for some reason he just stopped caring. We'll see how it goes.

The wedding of Eduardo and Cintia is still on, we are super excited for them and we are working with them to set a goal for the Temple, after he gets baptized of course ;)

We haven't been able to get ahold of Susana and Carlos this week, They might have gone vacationing somewhere or out to visit relatives up in Artigas.   think that is where they live. We're going to go by and try to "refind" them tomorrow.

Agustin has been hard to find as well because of school and some troubles in their family. I think they said the Mom's dad,  or his grandpa, is really sick and probably won't be here for much longer so they've been gone a lot this week. We did however have a good lesson with him and Eduardo in the house of Eduardo about the plan of salvation and how families can be together forever (Cintia the, Fiancee of Eduardo, is the older sister of Agustin. Yeah,here everyone lives next to each other here as families, sometimes like 4 or 5 generations in the same little land area.

About Lizzy....I was planning on waiting for her reply so I could reply to it and answer questions, but I still haven't got it. I'm almost positive you said she sent another letter, but it hasn't showed. If she wants I'll just send her one and reply to the other when it comes.

Still haven't received any packages yet, but tomorrow we get the bolsa so we'll see.

For the commitment pattern stuff I'll put it this way:  If I don't do it, it doesn't happen. I don't know why but Elder Salgado doesn't commit them to do anything, I'm starting to wonder if he's given up on this area. He just wants to go by people and watch little church movies like "The Restoration" and talk about it for a few mins. So I've gotten a lot of practice with commitments. ;)

That's awesome that Josh is on 2nd part. Tell Kaili good luck with colorguard captain! And about the Lemens.  So awesome about their new daughter. Let them know I love them and am glad for them.

I have an idea/desafio (challenge) for the family. Go talk to the neighboors and invite them to church or someting and try to get them involved. Keep me updated on how it goes :)

Thats so cool that so many people are leaving on missions now! Send them good luck and best wishes from me.

I'll be looking forward to those packages and Letters and Emily's Graduation invite. I can't believe she is almost out of high school!!

Mom and Dad, you really are getting old ;) lol!

I love you guys! Keep being awesome and know that Your Heavenly Father is always there.

Love,
Elder Jordan Duke

No comments:

Post a Comment