Monday, May 7, 2012

May 7, 2012: Week 29 Second Week in Carmelo

Hey family! And whoever else actually reads my emails. Before I start I have a few questions and things to say, and if I don't say them now I'll forget. I recieved the package of Shoes socks and the SD card and pics. Also I got a letter from both Grandma Duke (with the $20) and a letter from Grandma and Grandpa Ward. I recieved a Letter from Dayna, but I can't respond without her address because she used the Gmail to send it, so I need her address.

Ok now to start. I still have no idea about the calling, but we have Zone Conference on Wednesday so I'm going to ask then. I'll only be calling because no one here has Skype. The people here barely have internet. I'll be doing a quick call to Mom's phone so you guys can have my number to call me. I figure I'll be calling around 8 P.M. which is 5 there I think.

My conversation with Elder Salgado definitely went.....well good wouldn't be the word to describe it. He tried to use the Missionary Handbook to justify his "service." and then tried to show me how I was wrong for not wanting to serve the people. I then showed him where it says we can't use the internet besides writing our families and President, and he got mad. I really don't know how we have success, (we are pulling the best numbers in our District), because our relationship as a companionship isn't good. He doesn't want to listen to what I say, so I'm going to have to take it to the President. I'll let you know how it goes. BTW, thanks for the tip Uncle Steve, lol!

I'll be waiting for those surprises and B-day presents :) and hopefully the package with my coat gets here with the coat in it...

As for the money I think I'm just going to keep it in there to use for souveneirs later.

Wow, Emily ran all that???  I thought she hated running......hmmm. Great job though, both Emily and Sarah!!! BTW, Emily looks beautiful in her picture. I'll make sure to show it to as many missionaries as I can ;) lol!

I knew Jonathan (Bardalez)  was in dance company, but I didn't know how good he was. Tell him Hi.

Josh, way to be awesome!! Keep working on those drumsand I'll see you on Drumline when I get back :) Lauren, Hopefully I'll know who you are when I get back, from what I hear, your growing alot. Keep up the practice and hard work on the flute.  BTW I got your letter, thanks!

I had no idea about that stuff about Carmelo. I knew there were alot of drunk people here, but now I know why. I'll definitely work on that with them ;) (Carmelo is known for its wine production.)

I figured the Jazz weren't going to do too good, but they'll be better for when I get back. I actually have gotten more into soccer now and tell everyone that REAL Saltlake is the defending champs of USA. Of course, then they tell me that USA Soccer isn't that good anyway.  UVU baseball has 24 wins im a row? WOW! and they beat BYU. IMPRESSIVE.

As for here in Carmelo, I know we will definitely be getting baptisms this change. We have some super good investigadors. Again the only problem is coming to church. I'll give the names so you can pray for them.

Carlos and Susana, he is really receptive, but she is super hardcore catholic. They just need help with coming to church.

Lucas, His mom is menos activa (less active) and is a pushover with her kids. He needs help understanding that not all the churches are the same.

Agustin, he is the son of a menos activa family and were working on getting them back to church.

Eduardo, he is the husband of a menos activa, they have an 4 yr old and are expecting another soon. They are getting married on the 25th of this month and we are working with them to get him baptized and then to the Temple.

That's all I can think of for now. Thank you for all the support and for being the best family in the world!!

Con Mucho Cariño y Amor,
Elder Jordan Duke

No comments:

Post a Comment