Monday, June 11, 2012

June 12, 2012: Week 34

Hey Fam!!

This week has been really great! I don't think I've worked as hard in my entire mission! We were non-stop contacting, teaching, finding, and now next Sunday baptizing! I'm super excited that I finally helped someone get to that point! We have 2 of the kids that played futbol with us on saturdays getting baptized. We're are working with another one so it's a possible 3. Their names are: Marcos Ochoa, Oscar Rattaro, and the other possible is Brian Crame. They are all great kids and I can't wait to see them enter the waters of baptism. 

Still haven't gotten the other packages, which would be the ones with my Birthday stuff. I know it's come already though, because we didn't have district meeting because of changes but the bolsa (mail bag) still came and our District Leader has our stuff and I'll get it tomorrow. Funny when we called to give the numbers he was like "Elder Duke I hate you man! You got 2 more packages and a ton of letters!" I just laughed and said, "Elder Hansen, I'm sorry no one loves you. If you want I can write you to make you feel better." He got a good laugh out of it!

Elder Glenn played in the Cresent Super Band on Alto Sax and he has a few CD's of their preformances. He also is really good at the guitar. A member had one last night and he was playing a bunch of stuff. He is pretty talented. LOL, it was funny because then I grabbed it and couldn't remember how to play anything.... but that's what I get for not practicing and keeping up on it.

Gi ve the ward alot of thanks from me and tell them that I can definitely tell that I have a lot of support from them. I am grateful for all their prayers and support and love from them. 

Yes I have the inside of my coat. (Because of weight restrictions we had to mail Jordan's winter coat in two pieces.) It's one of the 2 packages that came. I got that and the PB&J. I have definitely enjoyed chowin down on a good PB&J! My favorite! :)

That welfare plan sounds interesting. I like it. It will definitely help stengthen the ward bond. Super good idea.

Have fun in Idaho and tell Grandma Hi and that I love her. Also I sent her and Grandma and Grandpa Ward letters so they should get those within the next 3-4 weeks. I actually do remember something about geese chasing me, just a vague memory though.

 I can't believe that Emily is going up to college soon!! That's crazy! So she's doing English/Creative writing. She want to be a teacher? I could see her being one.

Great for Kaili, I'm rooting for you to win! Good luck! (Color guard captain)
Sarah, Josh take turns mowing the lawn ;) and keep up the work in MB!
Lauren, keep up on the flute and thank you for the happy birthday email!

I love you all tons!! Keep being awesome!!! Also keep being great Examples of how to live the Gospel. I love you again!

Elder Jordan Duke

PS How's the work with the neighbors going?

No comments:

Post a Comment