Monday, June 18, 2012

June 18, 2012: Week 35 First Baptism!

To start off....WE HAD A BAPTISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok now that that's taken care of. This week was great. First we had really good lessons all week and we found a lot of really great people. Sunday was the best. First we came to the church and as we were waiting for people to arrive a guy and his mom showed up and told us that they saw the church and decided to come in. We let them in of course and we later found out that He is studying down in Montevideo and all his roomates are return missionaries. He's read the BoM and he goes to institute. He's been taking the missionary lessons from the Elders in Deo (Short for Montevideo) and decided to bring his mom to the church. After we had a sick lesson with them and she accepted the invitation for baptism for the 8th of July! Also a menos activa of well over 5 years came back to church for the first time and wants us to come and teach her 10 member family of which she is the only member. Then to top it all off we had the BAPTISM!! It was great, and I felt a little humbled that Oscar wanted me to baptize him. The water was a little cold because the water heater didn't work right but it was worth it. It felt super good and I finally feel like my work here as a missionary is counting for something. Not that I don't think that what I've been doing these 4 changes before wasn't worth anything. I learned a lot from those changes. I'm just saying it feels so much more rewarding when your efforts actually lead to something like helping someone make that first covenent and step into the church.

I still haven't gotten your emails for this week so I can't really respond to questions or see how its going, but I'm sure your all doing good, in fact I'm 100% sure, because I pray for your safety and comfort every day twice a day.

Other random things I need to let you know. 1. I don't have any stamps left and I just got a ton of letters, So it's going to be a little bit before anyone recieves letters. 2. I finally got my birthday packages and YES I love what I got. There is a member in the rama here that likes the Jazz almost as much as I do. Also the Nutella and Peanut Butter are definitely being used with much delite from me and Elder Glenn.

Hope your all well and aren't missing me too much ;) Keep being the superest, coolest, greatest, awesomest family ever!!

Love,
Elder Jordan Duke

No comments:

Post a Comment