Tuesday, February 12, 2013

February 12, 2013: Week 69

Hey family,
 
SO this week has been good. I have some good stories to tell also. To start off I'll explain the fotos. one is of the rubix cube that I did a design in. One is of my comp and me after a hot sweaty day of servicio. Another is of 2 dogs that live in front of our house and "guard" it... lol. Really they're just lazy and leave garbage all over!. Other is of our district here in Rivera and last but not least a mouse that we found in our toilet! My comp found it early in the morning and didn't realize what it was till he had already gone pee, lol! gross no?

Also we had a flood in our house about 2 weeks ago, I just forgot to tell you guys. It wasn't anything serious, but it was a little annoying. We had to clean it all up. Luckily it didn't destroy anything. What happened is that they cut the water and we had opened the faucet in the kitchen to see if there was water, but we forgot to shut the faucet off. So when they turned on the water again it started pouring out. We of course we weren't home and when we got home the house was a swimming pool! OK, only a little exaggeration :)
 
Other story. We went to the house of some menos activos and they weren't home. We left only to realize that their dog was following us and now she's been following us for the last 3 days! We just barely got rid of her last night by taking to her to another members house to take care of her till the family gets back. It's really not fun trying to do contacts or lessons with a dog following us around and whimpering. SO annoying, but it was funny too.
 
SO as for the good part, Carlos recieved the priesthood on Sunday. It was really great to be able to help this man become the strong priesthood holder in his house he's meant to be. He, of course, still has a lot to learn , but he's making the right decisions and is following the right path. The family is really progressing and I love to have been part of it. We went by their house and they said that they have noticed the difference that the Gospel has brought to their family. They say they're more united and happy together and they want to continue. We are now working on them to put a goal of getitng to the temple to be sealed next year. I won't be here...sad...but I'll be really happy for them when they get there and I know that I'll see them some day.
 
We also had a good week with some other people. We found a joven (young man) Juan Pedro in the Area Book. And we went by and we started teaching him. We invited him to church and with out help he came to church. Coming to church by yourself here, especially for a teenager, is something amazing. He is a great guy and he accepted fecha to be baptized on the 23rd of February. He has problems with drinking and smoking, but we have faith that he can get over the addiction. Prayers for him and his progression would be great.
 
I'm glad to hear that you guys are doing good there at home. I'm praying for you everyday and for the things in the house to keep going well. Oh and by the way if you think I forgot,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how old are you now 42? Lol!
 
I love you all and I hope that you are all doing well in school, church, work, etc. Have a great week and always be looking for ways and oportunites to share you testimonies.
 
 A little diversion to occupy the mind!

Missionary "Guard" dogs! :)

 Uh....yuck!
 
 
I love you,
Elder Jordan Duke
 
(The other pics never showed up....hopefully next week!)

No comments:

Post a Comment