Monday, February 18, 2013

February 18, 2013: Week 70

How's everyone doing? I'm good. We've had a good week and I'm learning more and more that Tranqueras isn't how everyone told me it was. I always heard of Tranqueras as a small branch that was really hard and there was no support and no one to teach and that overall it was a terrible place to be. But I got here and found something different. There may not be a lot of members, but they are always willing to help. We may not have a lot of investigators. but the ones that we have are sincere and they progress and to me I'd rather have 3 or 4 that progress than to have 10 that don't. There are a lot of great people here and even though it is small and there isn't much to work with, I feel blessed to be sent here and to have had the chance to get to know all the great people here.
 
This sunday Carlos was going to bless the sacrament, but we went by on Friday to see how he was and we had a lesson with them. During the lesson we found out that he had drank a little bit with his uncle. He doesn't have vices or anything, his uncle offered him it and he took it. He was super sad and mad at himself for messing up, but we let him know that we still support him and that it's normal to slip up. We're not expecting him to be perfect, but that he needed to repent and keep going. He also said that he had gone to the Branch President and had told him that he didn't feel worthy to partticipate in the santa cena (sacrament, or literally "holy supper"). I was surprised that he had the courage, especially as a new member, to go and talk with President da Rosa about it. Also that he understood the importance of the sacrament and how sacred it is. It wasn't anything big, but to see how this man has taken what he's learned and how he's applying the Atonement in his life has helped me more appreciate the importance of repentance in our lives and how that ties in with the Sacrament; helping us to renew our covenants and be clean again of our sins. All of course made possible through the Atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ.
 
It's gone good with Juan Pedro as well. He didn't come to church because he was in Campaña, and we had to move back his fecha to the 2nd of March. He's still got the animo (excitement) to continue and he wants to change. His big problem is with the word of wisdom, but I know that we can help him quit and of course that God will help him if he trusts in him.
 
I'm glad to hear that all is good down there, bueno up there ;). Sounds like you're still super busy with the house, that's good. I've told everyone here that it's almost like my family moved, because I'm not going to recognize the house when I get back. Tell Uncle Lee "Hi" when he comes.
 
Also good to here that the kids are doing good and all growing up fast, just not fast enough. I'm sure I'll still be the tallest when I get back ;) So how was the comp. at Westlake? Did it go well? How did Kaili and the guard do?

I want you all to know how much I love you guys. You really don't realize how much it is until you're away from them for soo long. and no this isn't trunky... I'm just coming to appreciate more the great family that I have at home and how much I've learned from all of them. I love you guys and I love this gospel. I couldn't think of anything greater than being with all of you in the Celestial Kingdom and I hope that we can one day all be there together. I love you guys and hope that your next week is full of blessings from God.
 
Love,
Elder Jordan Duke
 
P.S. here are the pics I didn't send last week.
 

 
 
 
 
P.S.S. HAPPY 19 BIRTHDAY EMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Probably thought I'd forgotten huh, LOL! Love you! Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment