Monday, February 4, 2013

February 4, 2013: Week 68

Hey family,

This week has been good like always. We have just a little problem that can be fixed easily. The full name of Carlos wasn't said in his baptism so we have to re-do it... It's alright though. He's still going good and his family. He came to church in a shirt and tie! It was great. Next week he will be getting the priesthood. It's really great to see already the progress he's had.

Victor changed jobs again and now works at night. He still has yet to come to church in a few weeks and we are going to have a lesson with him and be very straight forward as to whether or not he really wants to follow this. We also have great news. Carlos Nuñez came back from Tacuarembo, so we are going to start teaching him again. We also found the brother of his girlfriend and we started teaching him. His name is Alejandro and he's 19 and really a great guy. He says that he went to our church before and that he like it a lot. We're going work with them so that we can help them recieve the gospel, and help the rama (branch) . I've noticed that we've been led to all men and boys here. What really lacks is the men here in Tranqueras and I feel as if God is leading us to these men because He knows that the rama needs strong Priesthood holders to move forward. and I know that Carlos and the others that we are teaching. Carlos Nuñez, Victor, Alejandro are answers to my prayers of how we are going to help lift this Rama up and get it moving. I feel really blessed to be here and to be able to share the gospel with these wonderful people.

So the bathroom looks good. :) did you know that here most the toilets have buttons on the top. So I'm going to call it a Uruguayan Toilet, lol ;) I hope all is well with his family and let him know that they're in my prayers.

Remember to send me pics when the downstairs and all that is done too.

So everyone is growing up, eh? Fah, I can't believe that the deacons quorum is Diaz, Gonzalez and Jones. Last time I checked they were all like 8 years old, no? And since when was Jayden Kemp 8? wow! I was thinking the other day about how old everyone is. I was thinking about how Emily's 19th birthday is in 2 weeks and how when I left. Emily was 17, Kaili 15, Sarah 14, Josh 12, and Lauren 10. and now its almost 19, almost 17, almost 16. 14 and 12.... It's weird being the oldest because everyone is still growing. When I talked to you on Skype for Christmas I didn't recognize Lauren's voice. Seriously it changed a little and It looks like everyone is getting more mature and bigger from the pics. Just some of my weird "trunky" thoughts of the house. :)

Well I'm glad to hear that everyone is growing up and that the ward is doing good. Also weird to think that it's almost time for us EM boys to be getting back from the mission. I really never thought that this time would come, but I always like to look at all that I've accomplished and all that I've done this time here instead of focusing on the time I have left. It always works better that way and it seems to help make the time go by. I love you all and want to you know that I have a testimony of this Gospel. What I'm doing out here really has helped me see that importance of the gospel in our lives and how much happiness following it brings. I love this gospel and I love our Heavenly Father who gave us a perfect plan so that we can be together as a family forever. I love you all and hope you have a great week.

Love,
Elder Jordan Duke

No comments:

Post a Comment