Monday, April 8, 2013

April 8, 2013: Week 77

Well, I definitely think that was the best conference so far in the mission. I really loved all the talks and some more than others. I really liked the talk by Craig A. Cardon from the 70 on forgiveness, really great talk, and also Pte Uchtdorf on Sunday morning.
 
Some quotes I liked where these: Elder L. Tom Perry: "Obedience to law is Liberty"; Pte Uchtdorf, (this isn't exact but something like this) "Darkness exists but we don't dwell there. We choose where we stand." Also Pte Uchtdorf, "We don't wait to cross the finish line to recieve God's blessings."
Pte. Monson " The great test in this life is obedience." Elder Holland "The size of your faith is not the issue, it's your integrity to the faith you do have." Also Elder Holland "You have more faith than you think you do." I really like this one from Elder Oaks. He told a story of a man whose family was killed by a drunk driver. After forgiving the man who killed his wife and kids, he was asked why he did it. He said, "As a disciple of Christ there's no other choice." From Elder Erich W. Kopischke "Having the Holy Ghost as your constant companion is the ultimate indicator of God's acceptance."

Those were just some that I liked. I wasn't able to see Priesthood session and missed the beginning of the first session on Saturday so until yesterday I didn't know they changed the YW Presidency. I'll be downloading the Priesthood sesion today to listen to it. Gonna be great.
 
Everything is going really well here in Tranqueras. Pablo is a capo (stud)! He invited friends to the conference and one came-- another menos activo (less active), Oscar. Pablo is doing really really great and he said that Conference really helped him especially the talk about the family and marraige by Elder Clayton.
 
Sounds like everything is going good at home. Kaili and Sarah might have to re-teach me how to drive, ;) lol! Just don't wreck the cars before I get back! I'm glad to hear that the papers are getting done for the house. I can't wait to see it, but don't worry I'm not thinking about coming home yet..
 
I love this gospel so much and I feel deeply grateful for this chance I have to serve here in Uruguay. I love to preach the gospel and hearing the Apostles and Prophet talk so much about missionary work gave me more energy and ganas (desires) to work and bring more souls to Christ.
 
I hope you guys enjoyed Conference as much as I did and that you have a great week.
I love you all tons!
 
Love, Elder Jordan Duke

No comments:

Post a Comment