Monday, May 6, 2013

May 6, 2013: Week 81

Hey fam!
 
So to start off, we'll be skyping! woot! I don't know the hour difference, but my comp told his family at 7 so I'll probably do it at 6. That puts it at 1 or 2 there, no? When do you have church, cuz if you have it during that time I can move it to 8.
 
Still haven't received like any of your letters or anything, but I'm sure it'll all be here soon. I'm glad to hear that you're all doing good. I can't wait to eat some homemade salsa from Grandma's garden, man I miss that stuff!
 
Well here in Tranqueras we've been doing good. We had a couple of trials and some hard stuff happen but we are still going strong and I feel that the Lord is blesing us for our efforts. Sara dropped us to start off. She sent us a text during studies that said she didn't want compromiso (any commitments) and that for now she wanted to just stop with everything and take some time to think. We went by and had a little mini-lesson and tried to help her see how this would help her more than anything in her life, but she wouldn't accept it. It was hard to see someone so great and ready turn away, but it helped me realize how powerful satan really is and how hard he works to keep people from accepting. I also learned a good lesson on taking better care of the investigators. It's not that we neglected Sara, we were just a little too laid back with her and as Elder Lamb put it very well, we tried to let her convert herself instead of helping her with the Spirit. I hope that some day she'll come back and accept the gospel because I've really grown to love her as we've been teaching her.
 
Also Juan Pedro went to jail right after church, because they found illegal drugs in his room at home and for now he's locked up. We don't know if he'll stay there or be released, but for now he's on hold.
 
But don't worry, good things happened too. To start off we lost 2 investigators, but 4 others came to church and we found 12 new investigators this week. Also we had a lot of success with menos activos coming to church as well. Camila, Jaun Pedro, Leandro and Talia are who came to church. They are part of imcomplete families and we're working hard to help them enter the waters of baptism so that their familes can be complete in the gospel. Also we've been working hard on helping the Sacerdocio (Priesthood) here grow and so far we've seen results. We had 2 hermanos menos activos (less active brethren) come back to church for the first time in years and we found a lot more that we're now working with through the list of members and other means.
 
This week really was an up and down week, but when I look back I'm thankful for all of it, because  I learned a lot and really grew in my testimony of this work. I know that this work is true and that it's lead by God. I know that we represent the only true church on the earth and that that puts a great responsibility on us. I love my Savior and the people here of Uruguay. I really have come to understand and love the Gospel more here and I just can't imagine a day without feasting upon the words of Christ. I love you all and hope that you have a good week full of the Savior's love.
 
With tons of love,
Elder Jordan Duke

No comments:

Post a Comment