Tuesday, July 16, 2013

July 16, 2013: Week 91

Hey family!
 
So biggest news, I'm not going to be with elder Ramos anymore. I'm going to have a "new" comp. If you didn't catch the hint in that then I'l just let you know, I'M TRAINING! Super excited. I'm going to go down to Deo with the others to go pick up my "Kid." My comp is going down to Deo with another Peruvian so he's excited. I'm just super happy. Plus I know that training will help me keep it up until the end, not that I had thoughts to not work until the end, just that this will help me focus more and I can't be very "trunky" around him because he'll just be starting.
 
So this week was alright. At the beginning of the week my comp's flu got worse and he was in bed for 2 days. So at the beggining of the week I think I read almost half of Jesus the Christ.
 
The last part of the week was great though and on friday we went to a lesson we had set up from a contact that we did and we found 2 whole families of 5...10 people in the house. They are all really great and we had a really great spiritual lesson with them. We have a noche de hogar (family home evening) set up with them for tonight, so it'll be a good night.
 
Soledad and Gabriela are doing good. Agustin also, we had a great lesson with them last night and they all commited to coming to church. I have a feeling that this week in church is going to be a good one.
 
After the Noche de Hogar we leave on a bus to Salto and then to Deo. Soooo, excited!
So to answer the question, Who is my new comp? I don't know. ;)
 
Good to hear that all is going good at home and that everyone is well. Wow! Lauren is going to girls' camp?! You guys are old! LOL! Kaili's last year as well, wow. Time flies.
 
Well, just want to let you all know how much I love you and how much I appreciate the support. I know that I wouldn't be able to do this with out the Lord's help and you prayers. I know that this is the true gospel of Christ and that through following it in our lives we can receive the true fullness of joy.
 
Love you all and hope that your week is a good one,
Love,
Elder Jordan Duke
 
P.S. I'm sending more fotos today :)
 
 Mail bag that goes to the district leader

"Baconzitos" are "bacon-flavored cheetos" according to Elder Duke.

 Elders Ramos, Mendoza, Rodriguez and Duke of the Bella Union District
 

No comments:

Post a Comment