Monday, July 1, 2013

July 1, 2013: Week 89

Hey,
 
So I still haven't gotten the package yet but maybe tomorrow. If it doesn't come tomorrow then I'm not sure.. But it should be here tomorrow. Cool to hear that the McCumbers came back, somehow I knew that eventually they would, everyone does. Lol! But seriously.
 
I totally forgot that the 4th of July is coming up soon! Of course, nothing here helps me to remember that at all, here it's just another day.
 
Big news, Our new mision president is here and we have a meeting with him on Wednesday. It's going to be cool and interesting to meet him. I've been praying so that the work can continue and that us missionaries don't give him a hard time and that we can just be obedient to what he says. I've been told to focus on the Atonement and how we need to make it part of our lives and not just teach the invesgators, tied into how we need to be 100% obedient and be able to show Pte Smith that we know how to work and that we're here to do whatever he asks us to do. It'll be a good meeting tomorrow.
 
So this week we had a good time. We had a stake conference to end it, which was awesome! Elder Jorge F. Zeballos from the 70 camr to reorganize the stake and he and his wife talked. He gave a great talk on being rooted in the gospel and he gave a comparison of palm trees and these ugly trees that grow in the desert in Chile and how even though the palms are all pretty and look good on the outside, their roots are small and when the winds and storms cpome they fall, but the ugly trees have deep long roots that allow them to hold fast and survive life in the desert with the storms and little water. He explained that what really matters is what we have inside rooted down and secure. We can seem fine and all good on the outside, but what's inside oneself, his or her testimony of the gospel is what's going to help when the storms and hard times come.
 
Yesterday was also great and a little interesting. First off we talked to a guy that tried to tell us that Christ was born into the Catholic church, of course when I asked him how he knew he had no response. He then went on the try and say that God doesn't care what we do and that Satanas doesn't exist. It was sad but also interesting, because it made me think about what it says in the Book of Mormon, "And behold, others he aflattereth away, and telleth them there is no bhell; and he saith unto them: I am no devil, for there is none—and thus he whispereth in their ears, until he grasps them with his awful cchains, from whence there is no deliverance." 2 Nephi 28:22
Also had a great experience with a new couple we found, Romeo and Carla. We taught them about the book of mormon and the spirit was really strong, I almost started crying bearing my testiimony of it and and the end when we gave them the commitment, They gave the most sure answer I've ever seen anyone respond. It gave me the assurance that they are going to read and ask and we've been praying really hard so they can receive the answer.
I know that this gospel is true and that it blesses our lives. I love you guys and I hope that you all have a good week!
Tons of love,
Elder Jordan Duke

No comments:

Post a Comment