Tuesday, July 30, 2013

July 29, 2013: Week 93

Hows it going? ¿Todo Bien?
 
I'm doing great! Yesterday wasn't a very good day though.. No one was in church. We even passed by the house of several of them and they all gave us excuses and even when we persisted a little they still didn't come. It was sad, but it's not the end of the world. Next week we're just going to work harder and commit them better and help them better understand the importance of the church and the sacrament in their lives.
 
Other than Sunday the week was really good. We reached what are called in this mission the "Normas de Excelencia" for lessons with members and new investigators. Here in Bella Union I've noticed that it's not hard at all to find new people to teach. They are just really open and friendly here.
 
We haven't been able to talk to the friend of Soledad and Gabriela again, but we have a lesson with them tonight and well ask then. They are doing good by the way and we had a good lesson with them on Thursday about how they need to just keep going and not let the obstacles stop them from getting to the truth. Both Soledad and Gabriela have told us that they have recieved answers to their prayers about the church and know that it's true they just have had the obstacle of getting to church to progress more. They are both super commited to come to church, and only didn't come because they were in Colonia up till today. Next week I'm almost 100% sure that they will go. They seem so sure. Their brother Agustin is doing good and invited his friend Nicolas to listen to us and Nicolas gave us his address and asked us to come to his house to teach his family. of course we told him we'd be happy to.
 
The rest of the investigators are doing good. Janaina is doing good and she loved the church last week. She wasn't alowed to go this Sunday for something about her dad not letting her, didn't really understand what it was for. But we will be talking with the Dad and getting his approval so that it doesn't happen again. Thing that saddens me is that her dad is a member less active , so I don't know why he wouldn't let her go..
 
Funny/Weird story: We had divisions, or exchanges I think they say in english.. anyway, we had those things and I was with Elder Rodriguez in our area. So we had planned to visit a new member for the first visit and we knocked on the door and some guy I've never met answered the door and when we asked for the member he told us "Él Murió (He died.)" and we looked at each other super confused, what? dead? when? "On Tuesday," he said and with that we said oh.... well... lo siento (we're sorry) and we gave or condolences to the daughter that lived with him. That same day we let as many as we could of the members of the ward know what had happened and we even called the Missionaries who baptized him know that he had passed away. We get to church on Sunday and the Bishop anounces it in church and asks that the members pass by to see if the daughter needed help. After church at about 2 pm We get a text from Bishop. "Good news, The Hno is more alive than the 3 nephites, a couple of the Hermanas from the ward are with him now."
 
We went to the house yesterday and found him perfectly fine. We asked him why they said he was dead and he explained that the guy that had answered had been drunk and had lied to us. Of course it was a relief after such a shock.
 
Good to hear that everything is going good at home, and don't worry Dad. I can't be trunky, I'm training ;) lol! But I can't lie and say I haven't thought about how little is left. It really just gives me more iniciative to work even harder and be able to finish strong. I'm sure and I feel that Elder Watts and I will have alot of success together and we're going to work hard to make sure that it happens, of course relying on the guidance of the spirit and help from God. I know He'll help, because it's his work and as has been said,  He's haistening it.
 
Band camp... I can't believe that it's time again already, feels like just a couple months ago that last band camp was starting. How time flies!
Hope that everything goes good and that they win a ton of trophies!
 
I've told everyone that it'll be like you guys moved with all the changes that we're done on the house since I've been gone.
 
Well I hope you all have a good week and that you see the Lord's blessings in your lives. I know that this church is true and that by following it we will be blessed beyond anything imagined. I love you guys!
 
Elder Jordan Duke

No comments:

Post a Comment