Wednesday, March 7, 2012

March 12, 2012: A letter to the Young Men of the Eagle Mountain First Ward

That`s super cool to hear about all those guys willing to serve missions. I don't know if you guys still put up my e-mails in the foyer (or however you spell it) but I want to tell the young men, especially those from EM 1st Ward, that the mission is definitely the best life changing 2 years of your life. I now that just sounds cliché and all that but, there is a reason that that phrase has become so cliché, BECAUSE IT'S TRUE.


There really aren't too many words to describe the wonderful, uplifting experiences that come through missionary service. To be able to see and to feel that love that our Heavenly Father has for evory one of us is something that words can't really describe. Everytime I see someone making those steps towards that strait and narrow path, I'm filled with so much joy and peace. On the Other hand when someone falls and doesn't keep up with their commitments it's heartbreaking, because you really can feel that sorrow that God feels. There are definitely times of discouragment and feelings of being let down, but there are also feelings of so much Joy and Happiness, so much that it out weighs those feelings of sadness and pain. 


To any of you Young Men who aren't sure about going on as mission, I ask just one thing: Pray to Heavenly Father and ask if the mission is really something you should do, and I promise you that he will answer you and you will feel that desire to serve. There are people out there waiting for Elder M. Crofts, Elder Pedroza, Elder T. Diaz, Elder Wahnschaffe, Elder J. Langevin, Elder Reed, Elder R. Crofts, Elder Dalton, Elder Hokanson, Elder Jones, Elder McKnight, Elder Reeder, Elder B. Diaz, Elder M. Langevin, Elder Ruth and Elder Duke to find them and bring them the joy and blessings that this wonderful gospel brings to peoples lives. Don't let them down.


I know that this church is true and that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I prayed to my Heavenly Father to know and He answered my prayer. I am grateful for having a living prophet on the earth to guide us and direct us. I am so grateful for this opportunity I have to share this wonderful Plan of Happiness with everyone I can. I know that serving a mission is the BEST choice that you Young Men are going to make and I know that you will never regret the decision to go for even one second. I truly love all of you and testify that if you get on you knees and ask our Father in Heaven if going on a mission is the right choice, you will know it is. I want to promise all of you that you will have that desire to go and serve and once you have it in your mind that you're going NOTHING will stop you. It won't be easy, but it's worth it. DO all you can to prepare to go and I'll be waiting to hear where each of you have been called to labor.



Elder Jordan Duke

No comments:

Post a Comment