Monday, April 9, 2012

April 9th, 2012: Week 25

Querido Familia,

Well another week has gone by. To me it feels like there is a time line in front of you as a missionary, but then when it passes by its just a big mass of memories and random info. I can't remember what days we did anything. It's all good though because it's filled with a bunch of good memories and funny times. This week was super good too. We put a goal of 35 lessons with members present for the district and we got 36. We also had 8 people in church which is awesome, and all of them have fecha for bautismo. All in all we did really good and worked super hard to get good numbers and really be examples to the mision what is possible.

I'm having a really good time with Elder Lopez. Having a latino comp really is awesome!. Though everyone says that I know a lot of spanish for only having 3 cambios (changes). Everyone keeps saying I'm going to go up and train in my 6th or 7th change. I don't want that to happen, because I don't know how the heck I would train a new missionary...... Well I'll just see what happens. I still can't believe that we only have 2 weeks left in this change. It went by so fast!! I feel like Elder Atkinson just left yesterday!

As far as investigadores, we are doing good. We have found really prepared people that really have that desire to learn and grow in their faith. We have a family of 7. 5 of which are of the age for baptism and they all are super prepared people. They have fecha for the 28th of Abril so we're working hard with them, and we'll probably do their baptisms before  changes on the 24th. We also have a lady and her sister who lives with her. The sister has fecha for the 21st, but the lady named Gladys doesn't because we have to help her and her partner set a date for marriage. They want to get married, it just takes 1-3 months here because they have ridiculous rules about mariage here.....
So that's what's going on down here.

Good Job Emily!! Woohoo!! The only reason you didn't win is because the judges were blinded by your awesomeness, so they couldn't write down your scores :) and yes, I just used a Kung Fu Panda quote.

Kaili, way to kick some butt at colorgaurd!! It's too bad the others couldn't keep up. Next year you'll win for sure.
Josh!! Stop getting so good!! When I get home, we need to start a cool band. I'll play guitar and you can play drums. I'll have to practice alot to get to your level of playing, but it'll be sick!

Sarah, keep running your tail off! Just don't wimp out like your older brother ;)

Lauren, keep up the mad flute playing skills! You'll do great in the top bands in HS.
Mom and Dad, keep sewing those garments and signing those papers....

 .......................*cricket*........................
Lol, Just kidding! ;) but seriously, just keep being the coolest family ever!
I love you guys! Thank you for keeping up with the letters. It's always funny when I get like 4 or 5 letters every week, and the guys with more time complain. (It's because they don't write back yet they expect to receive letters anyway.)

Remember, Heavenly Father loves you and wants nothing more than that we return to live with him, so remember to choose the right or Haz Lo Justo as they say in spanish.

Love,
Elder Jordan Duke

P.S. HAPPY 16TH BIRTHDAY KAILI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You probably thought I forgot. hehehe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment