Monday, March 25, 2013

March 25, 2013: Week 75

How's everyone?

I'm great. This week was a little slow with alot of stuff falling through, but I still had a good time sharing the gospel and just spreading joy. Really, I've come to learn that even if things aren't going perfect and it seems like you're stuck, just think of the positives. Look back and see the blessings. Like President Monson explained in last conference. We'll be a lot more happy if we step back and notice the blessings in our lives, even the smallest blessing can help keep up our spirits. I've done that over the course of my mission and it really helps.

So as for investigators, Elias is doing well. He's so awesome! Yesterday we taught him about the first 5 commandments of the 10 and by then end of the 10 mins charla (discussion)  he had them memorized. The only thing that lacks is the church attendance. We have tried so much to help him come and there is always just some little excuse. I don't know if you guys have any suggestions of what we can do to help him. We had to drop Juan Pedro because he just doesn't want to progress. This is the 2nd or 3rd time that I've taught him with my comps and everytime he just doesn't come to church or read or pray. He always says that He doesn't have the "ganas" to come. Oh ya ganas means that he doesn't feel like it. We started talking a little with the parens of Elias also and Their nice people, but interest in the gospel is very low.

The big thing we've been doing that is helping is doing Rescate (Reactivation...the Spanish word literally means "Rescue."). It is really needed here and we've come in contact with a lot of great people that just need a little push and they'll be back. Especially priesthood holders. We had a big week of lessons with recent converts and less active members and it was really great to see that glow of testimony flicker back on as we taught them about Christ and His Atonement. We focused a lot on the importance of the Sacrament in remembering Christ and His suffering, and how we need to go to the church to renew our covenants and make the Atonement part of our lives. Because if we don't then we are making the suffering that Christ did for us in vain. A lot of people got it with that and a few tears were shed. I definitely felt the spirit this week as I testified and as we helped these people come back to the fold.

We had a good week in church with people who hadn't come in a while, but a lot of the regular members weren't here because it's vacation here, so we had 9 in church. I was still happy though because we helped some people come back.

It's so great to hear about what's going on back home. Levi's home..... I can't believe it! Also crazy that so many are leaving. I think for me the saddest news is that the Pedrozas are leaving....I'm gonna miss them. I really hope that Chris keeps it up with church, because I really worry about that kid sometimes. Make sure to tell him Hi for me and that he'd better be sending in those papers soon for the mish.

I love you guys and I love to see how much you're growing and learning. I know this gospel is true and that it changes lives, because it's changing mine. I've seen so much change in my attitude towards things and the Saviors love here that it's hard to describe. The mission is definitely the best decision I've made in my life so far and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I love you all a ton,
Elder Jordan Duke

P.S. Dad I'm now reading in chapter 3 under the commandments section, lesson 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment