Monday, December 19, 2011

December 19, 2011: Week 9 Jordan's Last Email before leaving for Uruguay

I´m leaving tomorrow morning at 5 am to go to the airport, and i´m really nervous. I know it will be a great experience. I don´t have much time so I just want to know how you guys are doing and how everyone's life is going, mine is going great. I've definitely grown a lot over these past weeks and months and I just can´t believe how fast time has gone by. I want to share an experience I had when I was proselyting last Saturday. Me and my companions were walking and an older man stopped us and so we started talking and we came to find out that he didn't believe in God, he knew he was there but he couldn't understand how he could let bad things happen in the world like innocent people dying and other things. He then related that he was a sinner and that God didn't love him. He then looked me in the eyes and asked "Do you think I´m a bad person?"  I told him "No"  there was a short pause and I looked back into his eyes and told him "I know God loves you."  As soon as the last word left my lips he started to cry. I looked at him with tears in my eyes and said again,  "I know that he loves you." He grabbed my arm and brought me into a hug and just cried, I felt really awkward, but at the same time I knew that the spirit had touched his heart and I knew that he now knew that his Heavenly Father still loved him. After our short awkward hug, he let go and shook our hands said "Thank you" and walked back into his house. For the rest of the day I couldn't stop thinking about that man. We got his Son´s address (His son is a member of the church, we found out.) and we made a referral card with his sons info, but we put in the notes that the  person who needed the gospel was the older gentleman. I really hope that the missionaries find him, because I know that he has felt the love of his Savior and I believe he is ready to learn more. I´m so thankful for the gospel and the blessing it is in my life. I love my Savior. I´ll see you all in 2 years.
Love, Elder Duke (Jordan)

No comments:

Post a Comment