Monday, December 19, 2011

December 17, 2011: Week 8 Last week in the MTC!

I can´t believe how fast time has flown. I start packing for the field in 3 days! I´m really excited but also really really nervous. if you asked me if i´m ready, I´d be lying ifi said yes. But I know that no one is ever fully "ready" to go out. You just have to have faith. Today I had a little interview with the President for leaving and everything. he related to me about trying to take a backseat for a little bit, because i tend to talk a lot and don´t give my comps time to talk. He said that would help a lot and i believe him, so I´m going to try better on talking less and giving my comps a chance to put in some insight.
I got my Packages!!!!!! It pretty much made this P-day the best one yet! Also our teacher bought us all Argentina futbol Jerseys with our names on them!! So today so far is the best p-day!

This morning we were practicing using the area book and the info the last missionaries left to figure out what to teach. After we were done our teacher shared an experience with us. Se said she was at the MTC in Provo learning English. They had the "Progressive investigator" and they went up to a man sitting on the bench, he was sitting there looking at his cell phone. She was really nervous because she didn't know much English, and she didn't know what to say. Plus there was a huge camera recording so the teacher could evaluate after. They said a prayer and asked for the spirit. She was a less nervous then. They started asking the guy what the most important thing in his life was. he said his cellphone then looked back down at it. Her comp looked at her like "what are we going to do?" She sat there for a second then simply "I know God loves you." The man just sat there looking at his cellphone. After about 15 secs of silence he looked up and he was crying. She didn't know why but she explained that when the spirit prompts you to do something you follow it. 

I know this is true and I want to implement that into my mission; listen to the Spirit and it will guide you.

I love you guys and I will talk to you on Monday before I leave,

Love, Elder Duke (Jordan)

No comments:

Post a Comment